We were called to a customers house on Sunday (yes a tradesmen who actually does weekend call out) Water pouring into there back garden from there burst garden tap.
We fixed the problem we no real issues but it got me thinking about things you could do in your own home to stop this happening to you.
1) Make sure its installed correctly
2) You need to have an internal isolation valve
3) Good quality lagging (not just external Loft pipework too)
4) in winter months turn the isolation valve off
5) when the isolation valve is off leave the tap open if the pipe freezes the left over water has somewhere to go as it expands.
Follow these simple rules and you are unlikely to suffer from burst outside pipework.
Have a great day.