This Website Is Owned And Maintained By The Drain Guys Of Whom Gavin Dimmock Is The Director.
The Drain Guys is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and in line with the GDPR.
The Drain Guys may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 21st of May 2018
We collect the following information that is considered personal data but not special data as defined by the GDPR:
In processing data we will only;
The processing of this data is in order to discuss and respond to a request regarding our services.
This website is built using software by wordpress and some other third party software providers. The highly secure and password protected data collection area may be based in data centres outside of the EU. Under GDPR it is important we are clear about any data that may leave the EU. This data is secure and is not accessible to any third parties.
The Drain Guys use two main legal basis’ for processing your data.
For any complaints regarding data processing, how it is being held, what is being held and any related issues please contact Gavin and he will endeavour to respond with 48 hours.
You have a right too:
For any information or to action any of your right please contact the data controller as stated above.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All enquiry data is held for 5 years unless removal is requested.
All customer data is held inline with legal requirements for at least 6 years.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Please read this document carefully as it will tell you everything you need to know about the terms and conditions on which we will deal with each other.
1. We wish to set out that all the terms of the agreement between us, they are contained in this document. If you have any questions or do not accept any of the provisions included in these terms and conditions, please let us know.
2. The Drain Guys uses our own employees to carry out works
4. We will use our best endeavours to complete the work and provide the goods and materials for the quoted amount, Quotes given by us are valid for twenty-eight days from the date they are given. However, if the cost to the company of carrying out the work is subsequently increased by reason of increases in the cost materials and/or labour and/or any other factor outside the control of The Drain Guys Ltd, then we shall notify you without delay before undertaking any work explaining the reasons for the additional costs and ask you to accept the amended price.
5. DOMESTIC CUSTOMERS– The price payable by you is the price stated as the Total Due on the invoice,( inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate). The Total Due on the Invoice is payable immediately on completion of work. We will take appropriate legal action for non- payment, we will look to the customer being responsible for all costs to us allowable by the Court.
6. COMMERCIAL/BUSINESS – the price(s)quoted are exclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate. If you do not have agreed credit facilities in place with Happy drains Ltd you will be invoiced on completion of the work. The Total Due on the Invoice is payable immediately.
7. COMMERCIAL/BUSINESS Customers (with credit facilities): You will be invoiced on completion of the work. The Total Due on the invoice is payable within 28 days of the date of the invoice.
8. COMMERCIAL/BUSINESS customers – If payment is not made as set out in clauses 6 & 7, an administration charge may apply and interest will accrue on the outstanding amount at the Bank of England prevailing base rate plus 8% until payment is received in full. An administration charge will be payable in respect of any expenses incurred for presented cheques that are dishonoured.
9. Our normal business hours are 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, this is when we will undertake the works. Subject to agreement, we may be able to work outside our normal business hours’ subject to a reasonable and agreed additional charge.
10. We will not be liable under this contract for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
-there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us or by any of our employees or agent
-or such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach
11. You must let us know of anything which may present a hazard or danger to anyone carrying out work in your property. You must also make sure that we have clear access to any relevant drains and covers and provide us with a supply of mains electricity and water. If we incur additional work or expense as a result of your failure to provide us with clear access, mains electricity and water, we may charge you for that additional work and/or expense.
12. We guarantee all parts and labour for 90 days for repairs and 21 days for unblocking works (unless stated on our job sheets) from the date of effective completion and payment of the work provided. Our guarantee will not apply where faults are caused wholly or in part by your (or any other person’s) misuse or neglect of those goods and materials or as a result of fair wear and tear.
Our guarantee is issued in addition to your statutory rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. You can obtain information about your rights from a Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Department.
13. If you are a tenant you will need your landlord’s permission to allow us to carry out the work. If the property is a listed building you may require planning permission. In either case it is your responsibility to obtain any permission required for the work.
14. We will make every effort to complete the work on time (or, if no date has been agreed, within a reasonable time) but we cannot be held responsible for delays due to weather or other circumstances beyond our control. In this case we will complete the work as soon as reasonably possible. We will make every effort to keep you fully informed at all times
15. Notice of your Right to Cancel. (Please note: Works undertaken by us at your request for the purpose of emergency repairs or maintenance are exempt from this legislation)