This Website is owned and maintained by The Drain Guys of whom Gavin Dimmock is the director.
The Drain Guys is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and in line with the GDPR.
The Drain Guys may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 21st of May 2018
What data we collect
We collect the following information that is considered personal data but not special data as defined by the GDPR:
- Contact information including Phone and email address
- Reason for enquiry
- Relevant information regarding any products or services The Drain Guys provide to you (the data subject) This will include details of your drain survey for example.
- Website visits, location, time spent on site and other factors collected by Google analytics. This does not consist of personal data and the data subject could not be identified using the data collected.
What we do with the data we collect
In processing data we will only;
- We will only contact the data subject in relation to their enquiry. This contact could be a response to a phone message, enquiry form or direct e mail.
- We will not send regular promotional e mails.
- We will not sell any data to a third party
- We will not use any data in automated decision making
- We may send timely reminders relating to annual or regular services such as annual drain clearance for commercial properties. These e mails will be in the interest of the data subject and specific to their needs and previously used services.
The processing of this data is in order to discuss and respond to a request regarding our services.
This website is built using software by wordpress and some other third party software providers. The highly secure and password protected data collection area may be based in data centres outside of the EU. Under GDPR it is important we are clear about any data that may leave the EU. This data is secure and is not accessible to any third parties.
Legal Basis for Processing
The Drain Guys use two main legal basis’ for processing your data.
- Legitimate Interest – this is defined as a response to an enquiry that is in the interest of the data subject who requested a response. There may also be further contact if any important information regarding the service needs to be communicated or a follow up services in the interest of the data subject.
- Contract – this is defined as contact with the data subject that is necessary to fulfil the agreed work and contract eg – e mailing the completed drain survey or calling to discuss a time and date for an appointment to clear a drain.
Your Data Rights
For any complaints regarding data processing, how it is being held, what is being held and any related issues please contact Gavin and he will endeavour to respond with 48 hours.
You have a right too:
- Full access to any data that is held about you
- Edit, change and rectify the data being held about you – this will be done within 1 month.
- Object to the use of your data completely. This is different from erasure and deletion. In this instance we still hold the data but do not process it in anyway.
- Restrict processing. In this instance you can restrict any type of processing for example you could restrict all processing to e mail only and no phone calls.
- Erasure – this is complete deletion of the data held about you.
- Data portability. If you wish to transfer the data we hold about you to another supplier or service.
For any information or to action any of your right please contact the data controller as stated above.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How Long We Store Data
All enquiry data is held for 5 years unless removal is requested.
All customer data is held inline with legal requirements for at least 6 years.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.