home buyers drain survey
Buying a house is, for most people, the biggest thing they ever buy and making sure the property has no nasty and expensive issues is critical. A home buyer’s drain survey or pre-purchase drain survey can save you a great deal of money in the long run and it covers things a normal survey just won’t find.
Drain Surveys – From £190+vat – Book Now!*
Nationwide Home Buyers Drain Surveys
We are based in Sussex but are able to provide surveys across most of the UK. We have a skilled and friendly team of local contractors across the UK so get in touch and let us know your location, and we can get a survey booked in for you.
Often called a pre-purchase drain survey this type of report should be an essential part of any potential property purchase. A surveyor will simply not look into the drainage system unless something is very obvious and even then they will suggest getting a specialist in. Make sure you have all the information about the house you are about to buy and book your survey now!
OR Click Here to Call Now – 0800 043 5452
Avoid Any Nasty Surprises After You Move In!
What Does A Home Buyers Drain Survey Involve And Include?
Just like a normal RICS home buyers survey or full building survey performed by a chartered surveyor a drain survey is designed to assess the state of the drains and drainage of a property prior to purchase. The aim is to give the potential buyer a clear and detailed view of the drainage system including how effective it is, if there is any damage or any potential issues that could cost money later on.
During A Survey We Look For:
- Damaged pipework
- Tree root ingress
- Backed up sewage
- Blocked Drains
- Pipe collapses
The survey itself covers a number of areas of the properties drainage. It is not just about looking at the drains themselves in terms of any damage. All the information in the home buyer drain survey can then be used during the purchase process. For many people it can have an effect on offer figures but for others it is just useful to make plans on what work needs to be done post purchase.
The report will include information on:
Structural Condition and Information
This covers the actual condition of the drains as discussed above and includes any damage or potential areas that need work.
This part of the home buyers drain survey looks at any pipes that are not connected properly. This could result in leakage and incorrect flow levels. We identify and report any such issues and advise on any remedial work.
Drainage System Ownership and Responsibility
It is not always clear who is responsible for certain parts of the drainage and sewage systems around properties. This is one of those things that many people fail to think about until there is a problem. This can lead to confusion, issues with neighbours and even legal problems in the event of a something going wrong. Much like a chartered surveyor will outline the boundaries of the property we will provide information about the drain ownership.
Our survey will also provide you with a map of the drainage system. This can be very useful and save money in the event of any damage or repair work needed at a later date. It can also help if you then go on to sell the property as this map is unlikely to change.
You will receive a detailed report including images and video from the CCTV survey equipment. This information can then be used during the property purchase or any other legal situation. Our friendly team are on hand to explain any issues and go over the report with you.
Pre-Purchase Drain Survey:
“Absolutely fantastic. Gavin was able to come out to inspect a concern following home buyers survey at a time to suit us, kept us informed of arrival time as requested and was very friendly and helpful. He gave clear helpful advice and charged us less than originally quoted as we didn’t need a full drain survey as we had thought. He explained everything. I would not hesitate to recommend him and use him again if necessary. Thanks Gavin!”
London Customer Feb 2017
Why Do I Need a Pre-purchase Drain Survey?
- There are a number of reasons a home buyers drain survey can be useful if not essential. The first reason you need a home buyers drain survey is that it covers things your property survey will not. A survey will go around the property identifying many issues and looking at a lot of detailed areas, but they simply do not have the tools or know how to assess the drains properly. It is also a service they simply do not include in home buyer reports of full building surveys. If you really want to know everything about a house you are about to buy then this type of survey is critical.
- Identifying issues prior to purchase means that they can be fixed by the existing owner or an agreement made to cover the cost of drain repair or unblocking through a lower purchase price. In many cases the existing owner can get the work done under their own insurance. However once you have moved into a house the previous owner is very unlikely to be willing or able to cover any costs.
- In some cases mortgage lenders will actually request a drain survey before agreeing the loan itself so not only useful but it can actually help with buying a home. Our reports are suitable for use in this way and for solicitors.
- As insurance companies are often not able to assess the condition of the drains they may not cover issues found later. In other cases, they may request a home buyer’s drain survey or even offer better rates if one has been done.
How Much Does a Home Buyers Drain Survey Cost?
Of course, every property is different but our prices start from just £190+VAT. This relatively small cost could save you literally thousands of pounds in the event something is uncovered during the survey.
Why Choose The Drain Guys?
– Experience Drain Specialists
– Fast, Polite And Effective Service
– No Call Out Fees
– Many Years Of Experience
– Domestic And Commercial Service
Click Here To Call Now – 0800 043 5452
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely we been to many property’s where the new owners have discovered major drainage issues which would have been picked up on a survey and would have potentially saved them a fortune.
This is a service for customers who don’t want a full property drainage survey or report. It inspects one section there’s no recording the customer is normally present to see the condition for themselves and only a verbal report is provided.
We attend site and survey all accessible drain runs we then provide a full wincan report with pipe grading with and pictures of any defects that maybe found we also provide a general site layout recommendations and a quote for any repairs that maybe needed.
No, our drainage survey team carry out a site survey for homeowners commercial industrial and new build estates on a regular basis.
Get In Touch Today
For a complete property drain survey, get in touch with our expert team today.